Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

David Lee King

David Lee King


10 Tips to Do Presentations Like Me: Use Presenter View

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 08:00 AM PST

Tip #3 – use the Presenter View during your presentations!

The image above is my presentation … in presenter view. I always use presenter view (unless I’m doing a webinar from my office). Here’s why:

  • Presenter view (in Keynote anyway) displays two slides at once, so I know what’s coming up next
  • presenter view has those notes I mentioned in Tip #2 – so if there’s something I want to say a certain way, I can simply glance down at my notes on the screen – pretty handy!
  • Notice the timer in the upper right hand corner? Huge help for making sure I stay on schedule.

If you get too wordy in the presenter notes box, you have two options: 1. a scroll bar will appear – sorta awkward on the fly, but it will work; 2. break that idea into multiple slides. You can even use a copy of the current slide – it won’t change what anyone sees, but your notes will change “behind the scenes.”

Pretty tricky thing, that presenter view!

Share: Twitter Facebook del.icio.us Google Bookmarks Digg FriendFeed LinkedIn email Print

Related Posts


0 comments:

Post a Comment